Login or Join Great Writing now for free!
Preset Styles:

Poetry

The Tired Brain

Poet and know it? Lay your stanzas gently here.

Moderator: Mods

Forum rules
* In the interests of fairness, please do not post more than 3 pieces of your own work at any one time.
* Responses / reviews / critiques should be posted under the work to which they refer. Detailed criticism and suggestions are welcome. However, rewriting someone's work is bad form, unless the writer has requested it.
* Discussions of other matters should be posted in the ChitChat, Off Topic or Writers' Craft forums.

The Tired Brain

Postby ReflectingGod » Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:39 am

-The Tired Brain-

The tired brain
with little room yet so much reflection
so tangled, so stuck
on the tiny thought
turning it's self inside out
jerking,twisting, writhing in shame
it tries to recover, but-

The tired brain
looks to dreams for rest
and comfort
it finds none in the warmth of sleep
for even the demons of day
turn into the ghosts of the night.

This was based off another user's original poem
which I redid. I would like them to raise their hand so I can remember who you are. You were a cool dude.
ReflectingGod

Re: The Tired Brain

Postby Omnix » Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:11 pm

I find the poem really interesting.
The idea of brain full of reflection, with just just small space for those, is probably well known to all of us, therefore, we all can relate to it.
I also enjoyed last to verses, where 'demons of day turn into the ghosts of the night.' I perceive this as a state, while during the day, we have plenty of things to do, while during the night, best ideas come to us unexpectedly, not allowing us to sleep. But this is just my interpretation of it.
It's a nice poem, but I have few questions. In verse 'Turning it's self inside out' you meant 'Turning itself inside out'? Cause I'm not sure, if it's mistake or just I'm reading it wrong.

It's a really nice poem and I look forward to read more of your writing.
Omnix

Return to Poetry

Login

Main Menu