Login or Join Great Writing now for free!
Preset Styles:

Virtual Coffee Shop

1510 H

We all need a break now and then. Sit down and have a garibaldi. Then chat about anything other than writing here.

Moderator: Mods

1510 H

Postby TJW » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:11 pm

And I'm drowning in Wild Turkey, Kentucky Bourbon, and Florida weather is being Florida weather, and anyone can pull up a chair, empty a glass, humma humma . . .
TJW

Re: 1510 H

Postby Brett » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:59 pm

Mmmm, Wild Turkey - been a while since I've had that, Jack (once did a bottle in less than an hour, don't have to tell you the state I was in - no, not Kentucky ;) )
You soak up both the sun and the bourbon and enjoy it.

Woodford's Reserve is a good bourbon, I find.

Here's to you
:beer:

Brett
Brett

Postby Sue » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:12 pm

I haven't tried many bourbons but they seem much smoother and kinder to drink than Scotch ;) Would you say that's right? Enjoy!
Sue
http://www.jackdawebooks.co.uk
Writing should be as transparent as possible.
Sue

Postby TJW » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:28 pm

I would say that's right sookie sookie Sue, smoother and kinder. Brett - the sun has been struggling these past days, hurricane season and all that entails, but when it shines through, goddamn, don't it shine through. Fed the babies today. Fed em, bathed em, kissed em, they didn't like my whiskey breath and I didn't care too much for their mouse breath. But it is what it is.
TJW

Postby Brett » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:36 pm

I'd say it depends on the bourbon and depends on the scotch - there's quality and shite in both and of course there is personal preference.
For scotch I like the Islay malts - Lagavulin, Caol Ila, Bruichladdich, very peaty and strong (some think it is like TCP) or Speysides - Macallan, Glenlivet for something smoother.

I hope Jack will back me up in saying don't ever let anyone tell you that Jack Daniels is a bourbon - it's Tennessee sour mash (a very different drink, and in my opinion much inferior - more of a status symbol than a testing of its quality; if it is that good a drink how come so many people drown it in coke?)

For Bourbon - Woodford Reserve, Wild Turkey. Possibly Jim Beam for nostalgia but the previous two are far superior in quality.

I feel guilty for not paying as much attention to the writing on the site now - will do soon. Got a bit of a thirst now though.

Cheers

Brett
Brett

Postby Sue » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:56 pm

It's only the inferior stuff that's available locally to us then! Will have to look out for the better names now :wine:
Sue
http://www.jackdawebooks.co.uk
Writing should be as transparent as possible.
Sue

Postby TJW » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:59 pm

Brett, Jack's got your back, brother, Jack Daniels is as close to shit without being shit as shit can be, dig? Sue, nothin' wrong with inferior long as it keeps you warm. Speakin' of, maybe I need to go down to the Latino bar and pick me up a latina that don't speak no English so she'll think the dirty things I'm saying to her are sweet nothings. In the meantime, filling it to the brim.
TJW

Postby Brett » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:08 pm

Very moving, Jack :bouquet:
;)
Brett

Postby TJW » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:59 pm

Much obliged 8-)
TJW

Return to Virtual Coffee Shop

Login